Microsoft Outlook is the most popular application used for emailing service, so users must be aware of its two file format, i.e. OST & PST format. However, Personal Storage Table or PST file is the main data file of Outlook used to store data locally on the system. On the other hand, OST file is the Offline storage Table, which maintains the replica of data stored in MS Exchange Server mailbox. It is the file that makes Outlook users work even in offline mode. When it gets synchronized with Exchange Server again, all the changes done in the offline mode get updated automatically. Although offline OST file is very rigid in nature there are some situations, in which it becomes inaccessible. For example, OST file is accessible only on the machine and profile on which it is created. Moreover, if OST file becomes corrupted, it is repaired only when it exported to PST format. Therefore, in this post, we have discussed How to convert OST to PST file? and the best solution to export OST files to PST format.
Why Convert OST to PST Format?
There are several major reasons behind OST file to PST conversion and all of them are mentioned below:
- Exceeds Outlook OST Size Limit – The total size of OST file varies from version to version of MS Outlook. Like Microsoft Outlook 2007 has total 20 GB of size limit, which later on increases to 50 GB in MS Outlook 2010 & 2013. However, the maximum size limit is by default set to 20 GB, which degrades the performance of MS Outlook if it exceeds its predefined size limit.
- Orphan Offline OST File – If a user is having an orphan OST file, then also it becomes inaccessible. It is because OST file is always accessible in the MAPI profile, which has created it. Moreover, it is bounded to MS Exchange Server mailbox also. Therefore, to access this orphan OST file, one needs to export it to PST file format.
- Corrupted or Damaged OST File – Outlook OST file can easily become corrupted because of any reasons like power failure, virus attack, improper handling of OST file, etc. If Offline OST file is badly damaged or corrupted, it becomes inaccessible and there is a loss of data also.
The Best Solution to Convert Multiple OST Files to PST
Microsoft Outlook does not provide any option to export OST to PST. Therefore, one can directly go for automated tool named as DataHelp OST to PST converter. This software has the ability to export all data items stored in OST file such as emails, contacts, calendars, etc., to PST file format. It preserves original formatting of data also even after conversion. There are some other benefits also offered by the application, which is listed below:
Benefits of The Tool to Convert OST to PST
- Option to create a single PST file for multiple OST files
- Maintains integrity of data even after data migration
- Option to save resultant PST file at any desired location
- Provides drag & drop OST file option for easy data migration
How to Convert OST to PST File by Using The Tool?
- First Download the tool at here – https://datahelpsoftware.com/ost/pst/
- Start the software on the local machine
- Drag & drop the OST file or add it using File or Folder mode
- Click on Convert button and then on Browse to select the destination location
- In last, click on Convert button again and begin the conversion process
Everybody knows there are various advantages of using PST file in Outlook over OST file. Therefore, most of the users are searching for some solution also to convert OST to PST file format. As there is no direct and best solution available to do the same, so a user is advised to use automated converter solution. It is the best possible and effortless solution to export OST files to PST format successfully without any loss of data.