Itchy flakes are a major embarrassment for anyone. There are different kinds of conditions that cause these flakes on your scalp but unless you recognize the right one there is no scope for proper treatment. Consulting an experienced dermatologist is the first and most important decision that you can take on noticing the skin flakes.
Dandruff is quite common and most people have suffered from it at some point of time or the other. White flakes clinging to the hair and clothes has been noticed on many people. The presence of these flakes also causes the scalp to itch. Dandruff is caused a number of reasons which are as follows:
- Contact dermatitis: All products like shampoos, hair dyes etc do not suit everyone. Using them sometimes may cause irritation, itching, redness and flakes on the skin.
- Seborrheic dermatitis: In this type of dermatitis you will find irritating, oily and itchy flakes can on the skin of your scalp as well as chest hair, eyebrows, and groin.
- Male hormones often cause dandruff in men more than in women.
- If you have dry skin then it is likely for you to suffer from flakes on the scalp as well as other parts of the body.
- The presence of the Malassezia fungus on the scalp can also cause dandruff.
- People suffering from HIV or other diseases related to reduced immunity are also likely to suffer from dandruff.
Though dandruff is an embarrassment it is not something life-changing. You can try an anti-dandruff shampoo after checking the price because it can really help with dandruff. But with scalp psoriasis, things can be different.
- Psoriasis causes long-lasting red patches on the scalp which can flake off just like dandruff. The patches look scaly. The smaller patches are silvery and powdery while the larger ones and quite painful and red in color.
- Psoriasis is quite likely to spread past the hairline and on to the skin around the neck and forehead. You may find psoriasis on the palms, elbows, back and even legs.
- Dermatologists say that psoriasis is an autoimmune disease. This means that the cells responsible for fighting the diseases attack the body instead.
- Identifying psoriasis is not always easy and the dermatologist may take a sample of the flake to get it tested in the lab.
Treating scalp flakes
Any kind of flakes whether it is dandruff or psoriasis needs immediate attention and the treatment of a good dermatologist. For a greasy scalp or very little dandruff, you can check the ketomac price because ketomac is the perfect formulation for dandruff affected scalps. Alternatively, if you are suffering from psoriasis then use the medicines and shampoos prescribed by your dermatologist. You will need to keep the scalp clean and use the shampoo according to the directions. You may also be asked to use topical creams and medicines that calm the itching sensation. If the scalp condition is sensitive then you might be asked to use anti-inflammatory drugs. Sometimes doctors also have to resort to treatments using ultraviolet light.