Whether you’re looking to buy or sell a property, finding the right real estate agent can be a daunting task. You require someone on whom you can rely on to handle the nitty-gritty details. Good estate agents in Gravesend are hard to come by because everyone’s looking for a professional with experience and some great on-table negotiation skills.
So, before you hire an agent to manage your estate, there are some tips which will make this process easier for you.
Things you should ask a real estate agent before hiring them
Before hiring anyone to manage your real estate needs, understand that an agent is there to make the process more peaceful and profitable for you. With that thought in mind, before deciding to hire an estate agent in Gravesend, consider the below-mentioned concerns.
- References– If the person that you’re looking to hire has experience, he must have some good references. Ask around, look online for reviews and ratings. When you’re completely satisfied, only then should you extend an offer.
- Negotiation skills– One of the most important skills, a good property manager should possess is on-table negotiation skills. An agent good with words will definitely help you cut a better deal whether you’re buying or selling.
- Marketing plan to fit your needs– Prior to hiring an agent, ask him what is strategy would be while handling your needs. It’s better to ask questions before than finding out the hard way that the agent is no good. For example, if you’re looking for a sell a place, ask them how they’ll advertise it to attract more buyers.
- Market knowledge– It’s crucial for a good estate manager to understand the local market and be familiar with the current prices. You don’t want to learn that the prices dropped into a month after you bought a place. Again, ask questions and make sure he has ample knowledge and experience.
- List price to sales price ratio– If you’re looking to hire an estate agent in Gravesend, this is one of the most important questions you can put forward. The realtor’s average initial listing price to sales price ratio will give you an idea about his expertise and skills.
- Documentation– Working out a deal often leads to a good amount of paperwork. Any good real estate agent should be able to handle that efficiently.
Paying a good real estate agent can actually save you money in the long run. So, before extending an offer to a real estate agent, make sure he understands your needs and would be able to deliver them. These tips will definitely help you get a take an informed decision.